There's a lot to love about a career at Filament Games...
10. We work with premier clients. National Geographic, McGraw-Hill Education, Oculus, BrainPOP, the Smithsonian...and the list goes on. Our commitment to producing outstanding products has built our reputation as a national leader in the educational games development scene.
9. We offer full-time employees flexible work hours & unlimited paid time off. Yes, you read that correctly. Morning person? Night owl? As long as you meet all deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables, you have the freedom to choose when you work! On top of that, we recently introduced a new unlimited paid time off policy for full-time employees – gone are the days of shortening your well-deserved vacation because of unexpected sick days or emergencies.
8. We’re a leader in our region's rapidly growing game development scene. In addition to a strong tech presence, Madison, Wisconsin is home to a host of AAA, indie, mobile, and VR game developers. Check out our recent article highlighting the local game dev community and our involvement with M-DEV, Madison’s very own professional development conference for video game devs!
7. We’ve got a really cool office. Located just a few blocks off the Capitol Square, our office is located on the top floor of 316 W. Washington Ave – a bustling high-rise also home to local tech firms EatStreet, Abodo, and more! Our open floor plan makes communicating with fellow staff members and management a breeze. We’ve also got a stunning view of downtown Madison, the Wisconsin State Capitol, and Lake Mendota!
6. We experiment with new technologies. At Filament, we’re always thinking about the next big thing. Our latest obsession with creating educational VR content began as soon as we could get our hands on early dev kits. This allowed us to release a number of VR titles that we’re really proud of, and we look forward to continuing to embrace exciting new technologies in the future.
5. We have fun on the job. Our staff works hard – but we play hard, too! Employees are welcome to participate in a number of extra events like LAN parties, movie nights, volunteering, wine club, and more.
4. We think Madison, Wisconsin is a pretty cool place. We’ve got the largest farmers market in the nation, plenty of indoor and outdoor activities for year-round fun, a diverse selection of restaurants and eateries, music and sporting events aplenty, and so much more to discover.
3. We trust our staff to do great things. We’re big believers in giving our staff the agency to solve problems using their own expertise, rather than micromanaging each step in the game development process. Management is always friendly and supportive when unexpected issues arise – but don’t expect to have your hand held every step of the way.
2. We’ve got dogs! They run around the office all morning, then nap on our couches in the afternoon. Enough said.
1. We’re on a mission. And that’s to create playful experiences that improve people’s lives. Before starting new projects, we always ask ourselves one question: what real-world impact will this game have? Lots of people can make video games – but few have the ability to create games with meaningful, measurable outcomes. Think you’re up to the task?
Now that you’re aware of all we have to offer, we’d love for you to join us! Visit our careers page to view our current job openings, then check out the video below to learn more about our company from CEO Dan White: