What could possibly be better than spending an entire Saturday playing video games?
Gaming in support of a great cause, of course – which is exactly why we’re hosting an Extra Life fundraising livestream on Saturday, Nov. 2nd, 2019! Hungry for more info? Listen up!
(Image credit: Giphy)
Extra Life is an annual fundraising event where gamers sign up to collect donations from friends and family, pledging to spend a “day of play” marathoning video games in support of sick and injured kids. Since 2008, over 100,000 organizations and individuals have participated in the program, raising over $50 million in support of Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals across the nation.
This year, our goal is to raise $1,500 in support of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. To accomplish this, members of our studio will be hosting a 12-hour-long livestream on twitch.tv/filamentgames on Saturday, November 2nd from 8AM-8PM CT! Each hour of our stream will be hosted by a different member of the Filament Games team, kicking off at 8AM CT with Marketing Coordinator James LaPierre (that’s me!) playing the all-new, super spooky Luigi’s Mansion 3!
Other highlighted games include the ever popular Kerbal Space Program, co-op Trine 4 mayhem, a super special Super Monkey Ball 2 speedrun, and tons of puzzle game fun with Puyo Puyo Tetris and Pokémon Puzzle League. Our stream will be packed to the brim with game-playing, money-raising, life-saving fun – mark your calendars, because you won’t want to miss this!
Care to help support our Extra Life 19 efforts? Here are three ways you can help:
- Make a donation towards our $1,500 fundraising goal! (step-by-step instructions below)
- Share our Extra Life game day stream! (we’ll be live on 11/2 at 8AM CT on twitch.tv/filamentgames)
- Tune in to our livestream and hang out with our team!
Our whole studio is looking forward to hanging out with all of you as we raise money for a good cause – stop by twitch.tv/filamentgames anytime on Saturday, November 2nd from 8AM-8PM CT!
(Image credit: Giphy/Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals)
How to donate to Filament Games’ Extra Life 19 fundraising efforts:
- Visit the “Filament Games” Extra Life page and click the green “DONATE” button
- Select your donation amount and preferred payment method (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or Paypal).
- Enter your payment info, contact details, and smash that “Donate with Credit Card” button!