So, you want to work at Filament Games? There’s a lot to love about a career at our studio…
10) We partner with premier clients. Scholastic, Oculus, Columbia University, McGraw-Hill Education…and the list goes on. Our 14+ years of creating outstanding learning games has built our reputation as a national leader in the educational games development scene.
9) We offer full-time employees flexible work hours + unlimited paid time off. Yes, you read that correctly. Morning person? Night owl? As long as you meet deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables, you have the freedom to choose when you work! On top of that, our studio is proud to offer unlimited PTO for all full-time employees – gone are the days of shortening your well-deserved vacation because of unexpected sick days or emergencies.
8) We embrace cutting-edge technologies. At Filament, we’re always thinking about the next big thing. Our latest obsession with creating educational AR/VR content has led to the release of some of our most celebrated projects yet, including the 2019 Webbys People’s Voice Award-winning Breaking Boundaries in Science as well as our in-development sandbox robotics game RoboCo.
7) We’re a leader in our region’s rapidly growing game development scene. In addition to a strong tech presence, Madison, Wisconsin is home to a host of AAA, indie, mobile, and AR/VR game developers. Check out our article highlighting the local game dev community and our involvement with M+DEV, Madison’s very own professional game development conference!
6) We’ve got a really cool office. Located just a few blocks off the Capitol Square, our studio’s open floor plan makes collaborating with fellow colleagues a breeze. Oh, and did we mention weekly snack deliveries?
5) We have fun on the job. Our staff works hard – but we play hard too! Employees are welcome to participate in a number of extra events like all-staff outings, onsite massages, professional development opportunities, and more.
View this post on Instagram
4) We think Madison, Wisconsin is a pretty neat place. We’ve got the largest farmers market in the nation, plenty of indoor and outdoor activities for year-round fun, a diverse selection of restaurants and eateries, music and sporting events aplenty, and so much more to discover.
3) We trust our staff to do great things. We strongly believe in giving our staff the agency to solve problems using their own expertise, rather than micromanaging each step in the game development process. Management is always friendly and supportive when unexpected issues arise – but don’t expect to have your hand held every step of the way.
2) We’re a dog-friendly office! Our pups run around the office all morning, then nap on our couches in the afternoon. Enough said.
View this post on Instagram
1) We’re on a mission. And that’s to create playful experiences that improve people’s lives. Before starting new projects, we always ask ourselves one question: what real-world impact will this game have? Lots of people can make video games – but few have the ability to create games with meaningful, measurable outcomes. Think you’re up to the task?
If your answer is a resounding, “yes!,” we’d love for you to join us! Visit our careers page to view all our available job openings, then check out the following video to learn more about our company and culture from CEO Dan White: